Much to my delight and surprise, Garrett Ray Harriman of Short4orm nominated me for a Sunshine Blogger Award. I have no idea what that actually means, but I like awards and I sure like Garrett’s superb writing. Now, normally I don’t take part in the blog award posts because I use my blog as a way to keep track of how much I’ve written, and non-writy things throw off the count, but I thought of a way around that… I’ll answer Garrett’s questions in the form of haiku! Then this post still counts as creative writing, right?
Apparently, for the Sunshine Blogger Award, the nominator asks 11 questions of their nominees. Nominees answer said questions, then choose 5 of their own nominees for the award (nominator excluded) and create 11 new questions to ask. Haiku not required (though encouraged by me!). Answers below, and then my nominees and their questions.
- How would you describe your sense of humor?
I could have written
Cards Against Humanity
(though fewer sex jokes)
- Who are your writer heroes?
Kushner and Koja, of course
Zelazny as well
- How do you define fear?
something you can’t face
be it monster or person
for lack of control
- How do you define courage?
something you still face
despite fear, anxiety
even if you’ll lose
- What was the first piece you wrote that moved you?
“How to Train Your Cat”
written at six; years later
laughed until I cried
- What musical instrument would you be and why?
maybe a sistrum
Bast’s beloved instrument
makes a joyous sound
- What is your favorite dessert?
fresh baked rhubarb pie
perhaps a bit of whipped cream
and the perfect crust
- Second-best use for books besides reading them? (doorstop, projectile, etc.)
build a fort of books
with a blanket for the top
hide from adulthood
- What do you do about procrastination?
left this one for last
I don’t have a great answer
put off, then push through
- Favorite superhero that hasn’t been created yet?
Crazy Cat Lady!
she’s not really crazy, just
rescues cats in need
- Question you wish I’d asked you?
what book made you wish
you had written it this year?
I’d say Bel Canto
For my own nominees, I tag ContagiousQueer (for your thoughtful social justice posts), ThingsMatter (because I think you love this sort of stuff), Days of Stone (for your beautiful poetry), AlicePan (because I HATE YOU (jk love you)), and Bad Poem a Day (because you might actually do the haiku thing). No worries if any of you don’t want to participate, though.
And my new set of questions…
- Favorite flavor of tea (or other drink of your choice, if you don’t drink tea)?
- What mythical creature would you want as a companion/pet?
- Favorite supervillain that hasn’t been created yet?
- What food did you love as a kid but hate now?
- What movie do you think is overrated?
- If you could meet one historical figure, who would it be and why?
- What does your blog/username mean and why did you choose it?
- What song do you hate to love?
- Is there a fictional character you wish you had created? If so, who and why?
- Do you name your electronics? What are their names?
- Favorite god or goddess?